Because the ‘theme’ of Module 1 was “One Minute Goals“, the chapter material for the module reflected various OB concepts that directly relate to organizational strategy, performance, and goal setting. As such, this assignment will bring the various concepts together into a unified conceptual framework.
For this assignment, please go to www.onetonline.org (Links to an external site.) and generate a job analysis report for a job of your choice (see the instructional video if you have difficulty generating this report).
Then, using key topics from the Module chapters in conjunction with the information provided by the report, please complete the following:
1. Identify what you consider to be the “essential tasks and functions” of the job and explain in detail how these directly support an organization and it’s goals. (5 pts)
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
2. Provide an example of a current organization that you feel best characterizes such a culture by explaining what specific values, norms, traditions, rites, and other characteristics make the organization you chose an ideal representation for the job you identified in Q1. *If you cannot find a suitable organization as an example, please illustrate a hypothetical organization using the previously mentioned characteristics (20 pts)
3. Describe the leadership style that you feel would be most effective in managing and influencing employees working in this job and explain in detail why this style would be more effective. (15 pts)
4. Identify specific areas where an employee performing this job might experience some form of intrapersonal, interpersonal, and role conflict. For each, please explain in detail why you feel such conflict is likely to occur. (30 pts)
5. Using 1 or 2 sentences, list 2 specific performance goals that an employee performing this job would be expected to work toward. Explain each goal in detail (i.e., do not simply say ‘increase sales’) as a goal. Instead, state what the goal is (it could very well be increasing sales) AND what specific actions will be taken to accomplish this.
So, an acceptable statement of a performance goal in this example would be something like “To increase the number of first-time customer orders 15% by the end of the second quarter. In order to accomplish this I will use a targeted sales strategy using social media so that I contact at least 3 new potential customers daily.” (30 pts)
THERE IS NO MINIMUM REQUIRED PAGE NUMBER OR WORD COUNT FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!