The Supreme Court has made clear that the government is obligated to provide medical care for those offenders in its custody. Inmates have a constitutional right to medical care for serious medical needs. Discuss what is considered a serious medical need and how prison authorities make this determination. Provide examples.
- Address the following in 1â€“2 pages:
- In your own words, what do you think constitutes as a serious medical need?
- How do prison officials determine whether an inmate has a serious medical need?
- What factors must be considered when treating inmates for medical conditions?
- Provide 2 examples of prisoner treatment. Include 1 successful treatment and 1 unsuccessful treatment with regard to prisoner safety.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
1. Cooper v. Casey, 97 F. 3d 914 (7th Cir., 1996)
2. Estelle v. Gamble,429 U.S. 97 (1976)
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
3. Hill v. DeKalb Regional Youth Detention Center, 40 F. 3d 1176 (11th Cir. 1994)
4. Johnson v. Bowers, 884 F. 2d 1053 (8th Cir. 1989)
5. Koehl v. Dalsheim,85 F. 3d 86 (2d Cir. 1996)
Utilize these cases
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!