1. Donald, a resident of Indianapolis, Indiana, is driving his car in Dearborn, Michigan. He runs a red light and slams into Paula who is a resident of Detroit, MI. Paula sues Donald for $60,000.
Question: Can Paula file her lawsuit in Federal Court? Explain why or not.
2. Paula, from Number 1 above, is seriously injured and she sues Donald for $1,000,000.00.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Question: Can Paula file her lawsuit in state court? Explain why or why not.
3. Patty and Dennis are neighbors and friends who live in Walled Lake, MI. Dennis has a large tree blocking the sun on Pattyâ€™s pool and killing her flowers and grass. Patty sues Dennis civilly for damages. Patty is asking for $4,500 in damages from Dennis.
Question: What court should this case be filed in? be as specific as possible.
4. Patty now wants $30,000.00 and before she files the suit Dennis moves to Auburn Hills.
Question: What court would Patty file in now? Explain your answer.
5. Joan Jackson sues David Jackson for divorce. The not so loving couple live in Westland, MI. Joan wants a lump sum property settlement of $1,000,000.00 and she wants custody of their son, age 5.
Question: Can this case be filed in Federal Court? Explain why or why not â€“ with as many reasons you can think of.
6. Joe Smith holds the patent for â€œThe Amazing Slicer Dicerâ€. Joe is a resident of Troy, MI. One day, Joe is in Wal-Mart in Milford, MI, and he sees his machine being sold under the name of â€œDicer Slicerâ€ by the Wal-Mart company under their store brand. Joe sues Wal-Mart for patent infringement ( Federal statute/law) and wants to stop the sale of this product. Wal-Mart is incorporated in Delaware and has its principal place of business in Springdale, Arkansas.
Question: What court should Joe file his suit in? explain
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!